- Qualified teachers are encouraged to apply to work for Education Queensland through the website: https://teach.qld.gov.au/apply-to-teach.
- Vacancies for teaching positions are not displayed on the Durack State School website.
- Qualified and registered teachers may email the school a CV/Resume (see contact us page).
Support staff (teacher aides, cleaners, administration etc.):
- If you are interested in applying to Durack State School, please contact us.
- Vacancies are listed in School Newsletters as they arise.
- Students enrolled in a teaching degree may ask their university placement team to contact us.
Vocational Teacher Aides
- Students enrolled in vocational teacher aide training who are looking to complete their 100 hours of practical placement must provide the following information:
- Full Name
- Name of Vocational Provider
- Blue Card Details (you must have a current and valid Blue Card)
- What days of the week are you available?
- The date you are able to start
- Preference of Year Levels to work with (Prep-Year 2, Year 3-4, Years 5-6)
- Email your response to the along with your paperwork from your training provider to firstname.lastname@example.org
Blue Card Information
Blue Card information can be found here:
To apply for a Volunteer Blue Card in order to volunteer within our school, go to:
https://www.qld.gov.au/law/laws-regulated-industries-and-accountability/queensland-laws-and-regulations/regulated-industries-and-licensing/blue-card/applications/apply and register for an account at the bottom of the web page. Once you have your account number, please email this to email@example.com so you can be linked to our school. Please include your full name, date of birth, phone number and email address in the email.
Once you've received notification from Blue Card Services that you've been linked, you can complete your volunteer application. (Please Note: if you apply prior to receiving this notification, you will need to pay a fee.) After receiving the notification, the application will be free.
Blue Card for Parents
Please note if you are currently a parent of a student enrolled in our school, you do not need a blue card.
Please be advised that restricted persons cannot volunteer or be employed at a school. If you are a restricted person and start or continue volunteering or working at a school, serious penalties can apply. For further information on restricted persons and penalties, please go to: