At Durack we believe that all our students can be high achievers.
We use various approaches from whole class, small group to individualised learning. Our students are encouraged to discuss ideas, develop independent thinking skills while critically analysing information and apply these skills to problem solve.
Our teaching program approach in all subject areas includes:
- Warm ups - Fast practice of information needed to learn eg sounds, letters, number facts, etc
- I Do – Teacher explicitly teaches and models the task
- We do – Students work with the teacher to do the task
- You do – Students work independently on the task
- Plough backs – Teacher and students reflect on what they have learned