The time before your child starts school is very important and highly valued here at Durack State School. We believe it is vital that our children have many engaging and positive opportunities to come into school before they begin their official schooling journey. The purpose of our pre-prep program is to ensure that your child:
- becomes familiar with our routines, expectations and environment
- develops appropriate early numeracy and literacy skills and language
- engages in gross and fine motor and early math and literacy activities
- begins to develop positive relationships with other children who will start Prep with them
- engages with adults within the school context
- develops positive associations with school, making the emotional transition to Prep smooth.
Our program is focussed on building relationships with children and exposing them to playful, early math, literacy, fine motor and social experiences that will help them feel comfortable and ready for ‘Big School’. In addition to the weekly The Pre-prep Program sessions, children from local kindergartens receive regular invitations to join into events happening in the school. With two scheduled Prep Open Days throughout the year, Under 8’s Day celebrations and Prep classroom visits, we make sure we are doing everything we can to make sure our children have a Great Start to School.
As parents, the program will provide you the opportunity to:
- engage with other parents who have children in your child’s cohort
- get some handy tips to help make your child’s transition carefree
- develop confidence in the our supportive school environment
Our Pre-prep 2022 sessions will commence in Week 4 on Friday the 12th of August. After this date, the sessions will run every Friday from 9:00-10:30 am in the School Hall . For more information, please contact us, visit our Facebook page or email Mrs Aleena Slater direct at email@example.com
Message from our teachers:
We really look forward to spending this year together, learning, playing and preparing for school. Your participation as a parent is very important to this process. Please note phones are not allowed in our group and your child needs to be supervised at all times. Also, siblings (either younger or older) are not permitted to attend Pre-Prep. We want to make this time focussed on your child and their readiness for school. Thank you for your understanding. Please come and see us if you have any questions.
Your Pre-Prep teachers,
Mrs Aleena Slater & Mrs Eva De Vries
We look forward to being a part of your child’s before school learning journey. Enrol today!