31 January 2022
Dear parents and caregivers
Thank you for your ongoing support as we work together to respond to the evolving COVID-19 situation.
As announced by the Premier on Sunday 30 January 2022, the Queensland Government has released the COVID-safe back to school plan.
From Monday 7 February, key features of the plan include:
- The suspension of school camps, excursions, assemblies, and large gatherings (please note that school sport will continue as usual)
- limiting visitors on site, with exceptions for parents and carers of students experiencing vulnerability, students attending early childhood development programs, kindergarten, Prep or Year 1
- staggered drop off times and special drop off zones
- masks supplied and strongly encouraged for students in Years 3 to 6
- rapid antigen tests (RATs) available in school for students and staff who develop symptoms while on site
- priority access to RATs for students and staff at Queensland Health testing clinics
- a range of ventilation measures including air purifiers as required
You can access the Back to School plan here, and further information and FAQs on the Department of Education COVID-19 website.
Essential to the success of these measures is that if your child is unwell or displaying any COVID-19 symptoms, they must not attend school. I cannot emphasise this message strongly enough – it is critical to keeping our school community safe.
Rapid antigen tests (RATs)
Our school has a supply of RATs which will be provided to any staff or students who, while attending school, develop COVID-19 symptoms. Please note if your child has COVID-19 symptoms while at home they must not attend school.
Your child, if they have COVID-19 symptoms, can visit your local Queensland health testing clinic and will be given priority access to a free RAT.
Limiting access for visitors
At our school, limitations on parent and visitor access are now in place.
If you are a parent of a Prep, Year 1, or are new to our school you may enter the school with your child.
For other parents and visitors, please limit your access to the school as much as possible.
Class Allocation and Book pack Drop Off
There will be an opportunity to drop off book packs and student resources on Friday 4th February between 9-11am. Staff will be available to help transport items into classrooms.
Class teachers names will be sent to families via SMS on Thursday 4th February.
Excursions and camps
Excursions and camps scheduled between now and 4 March are cancelled.
For the upcoming week, our school remains open for children of essential workers and vulnerable children, in the same way we were last week. If you need to send your child to school you must ensure your child is well and not displaying any signs of illness.
School staff will supervise any students who attend school.
I encourage you to stay informed of the latest developments relating to COVID-19 by regularly visiting the Queensland Government website.
Thank you for your understanding as we continue to work together during this difficult and unprecedented time.
Information for parents: